Author: Fr. Emmanuel Hatzidakis
The Heavenly Banquet: Understanding the Divine Liturgy is the most comprehensive Divine Liturgy commentary available in the English language. With over 300 bibliographical sources, an abundance of biblical citations, and quotations from Church Fathers and modern authors, The Heavenly Banquet is a treasure.
The Heavenly Banquet addresses head-on not only liturgical matters, but also social, moral and doctrinal issues, always in a clear, practical, informational, and uplifting way.
In depth, yet easy to follow, written in simple, understandable language, this book will aid Catechists and instructors who can draw from its abundant material for presentation and discussion. This work will be of great benefit to any Orthodox Christian who wants to obtain a better understanding of the Divine Liturgy. The richness and the depth of the subjects treated herein make The Heavenly Banquet a treasure.
The Heavenly Banquet features
- 80 Special Topic Studies (40 "Mini Studies" & 40 "A Word About..." studies)
- A self-contained extensive Introduction
- The complete Divine Liturgy text, indexed for quick reference
- Thorough, detailed Index of words and names
- Color-coded Index of all Biblical citations
- Parallel Biblical accounts of the institution of the Eucharist
- The complete Anaphora from the Divine Liturgy of St. Basil the Great
- 1281 footnotes
- 305 bibliographical sources