Author: Holy Transfiguration Monastery
In church or at home, The Great Horologion is indispensable for the divine services.
- The Daily Cycle of Services: their structure and fixed hymns and prayers
- Over 500 concise accounts of Saints' Lives, including Dismissal Hymns and Kontakia
- Comprehensive alphabetical index of over 4500 Saints, with dates for their Feasts
- Large format for easy reading in church
- Printed in black and red throughout on acid-free paper
- The Paschalion for the years 1997ï¿½2100
- Supplicatory Canons, Akathists, the Eclogarion, and more
Part One provides the order of services with complete texts and Lenten variants for the Midnight Service, Matins, the Hours, Vespers, Small and Great Compline.
Part Two contains the Menologion, which gives a short description of the Feast or Saint celebrated for each day of the year, with Dismissal Hymn and Kontakion; the Triodion and Pentecostarion, which give the same for these movable feasts; Troparia of the Resurrection in the Eight Tones, Troparia for Weekdays, and Theotokia; the Katavasiae for the Seasons of the year; and the Eclogarion, which contains the psalmic selections used for the Polyeleos.
Part Three contains Akathists to our Saviour, the Theotokos and the Cross; Supplicatory Canons to our Saviour, the Theotokos, the Guardian Angel and to the Angels and All Saints; the Communion Prayers; an alphabetical index of Saints and Feasts, and a Paschalion through the year 2100.